R and I agree that The Martian is an immensely satisfying movie. It is entertaining, smart, and hopeful. However, since I could not fully confirm it, I am hesitant to say realistic, but what the heck — it’s realistic! R is going to pick the movies we watch from now on.
Takeaways from The Martian:
- I wish I paid extra attention to my science and math classes and science-d the shit off my studies!
- I like Kristen Wiig but why is she in this movie???
- I would like to see more of Chiwetel Ejiofor on film and TV. (Now IMDB-ing his projects).
- Disco music is motivating. It pushed Matt Damon’s character to hurry out of Mars, even if it is because he would like to already escape it. Although, I would not mind a well-timed “I Will Survive” while I am planting patatas.
- R reminds me of Matt Damon.
- The movie has inspired me to take up journaling again.
And that’s what I’m doing. Even though my journal is not as exciting as Matt Damon’s character’s, at least I am not writing it from Mars.